1. In principle, applicant to master's degrees should not exceed 35 years old.
2. Applicant must be healthy both mentally and physically. Applicant should have sufficient funds to support their studying and living in China.
3. Applicant who has graduated outside China must graduate from a formal institution in his/her home country and has achieved a good academic record.
4. Applicant who has graduated from Chinese institution must have excellent academic records. Those who have obtained Chinese Government Scholarships or provincial/municipal scholarships are preferred.
5. Applicant should have performed well at his/her former university. Certificate of Good Performance and Non-criminal record are required.
6. Applicant to a master's program should have earned a bachelor's degree.
7. Applicant to English Medium Program is required to meet either one of two requirements as follow:
1) English as mother language;
2) Applicant from a non-English-speaking country should provide TOEFL scores (85 or above), IETLS scores (5.5 or above), or have studies in full English in high school.
8. Applicants should hold valid passports or citizenship certificates of their own countries with more than 4-year validity and more than 2-years records of living outside China in the last 4 years (up to April 30th of the first semester). Record of living outside China for over 9 months should be regarded as one year, subject to entry and exit seals.